Working Holiday Visa
Want to explore New Zealand while working?
What are the Eligibility Requirements for a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa?
- Belong to a country that New Zealand has a working holiday agreement with
- Fall in a certain age bracket: 18-30 for most countries but 18-35 for a select few ones
- Have enough finances to afford your return ticket from New Zealand
- You must have enough funds to support yourself in New Zealand – the amount to show differs for each eligible country
- Show that your primary intent is to holiday, with work and study being secondary
What is the Length of a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa?
- Work in New Zealand for a maximum of 12 months
- Engage in training or study for a maximum of 6 months
The eligibility and duration of New Zealand Working Holiday Visa vary for each eligible country. Avoid the confusion and book a consultation with NZ Immigration Help to find out the Working Holiday Visa rules that apply to you. Our immigration experts have helped a lot of international travellers acquire a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa.
Can You Get an Extension on Your New Zealand Working Holiday Visa?
Yes, you can get your New Zealand Working Visa extended for 3 more months. Following are the things to note when applying for the extension of your Working Holiday Visa:
- You can only get one Working Holiday Visa extension
- The seasonal work you take up does not have to be continuous or with the same employer
- You do not need to have an employment offer to file for your visa extension
- Once approved, your extended working holiday visa will continue to be under the same conditions as the initial New Zealand Working Holiday Visa
What Conditions are Imposed on a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa?
- You cannot accept full-time employment
- If you apply for a Working Holiday Visa for 23 months, you will need to provide a Medical Certificate to establish your hood Health.
- Your children cannot accompany you on a Working Holiday Visa.
- If your partner wants to visit New Zealand, they will need to apply for a visa of their own
- Any work you do must be legal
- You cannot engage in running or investing in businesses that provide commercial sex services
Do not jeopardise your trip by breaching any conditions of your New Zealand Working Holiday Visa. You can face deportation and even be banned from ever entering the country again. Book a consultation with our Auckland based licensed immigration experts to clarify your working holiday visa related queries.
What is the Processing Time for a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa?
Contact us to book a paid consultation to avoid any delays in obtaining your visa. Our immigration experts have been working with international clients from many countries for many years and understand what it takes to expedite your New Zealand Working Holiday Visa application.