Working Holiday Visa
Want to explore New Zealand while working?
Every country has its share of natural beauty. New Zealand happens to have a bigger piece of the pie. If you want to spend time holidaying in New Zealand and exploring its big natural playground while you work and study on the side, a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa is perfect for you.
What are the Eligibility Requirements for a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa?
New Zealand has entered into working holiday arrangements with many countries to allow their citizens to work and explore New Zealand at the same time. However, these arrangements do not apply to all countries and even the terms of the New Zealand Working Holiday Visa vary for each eligible country.
To be eligible for a New Zealand Working Visa, you must:
- Belong to a country that New Zealand has a working holiday agreement with
- Fall in a certain age bracket: 18-30 for most countries but 18-35 for a select few ones
- Have enough finances to afford your return ticket from New Zealand
- You must have enough funds to support yourself in New Zealand – the amount to show differs for each eligible country
- Show that your primary intent is to holiday, with work and study being secondary
What is the Length of a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa?
A New Zealand Working Holiday Visa allows you to work and travel in the country for a maximum period of 12 months. This duration is raised to 23 months if you belong to Canada or the UK.
Irrespective of whether you apply for a 12 month or 23 months Working Holiday Visa, you can:
- Work in New Zealand for a maximum of 12 months
- Engage in training or study for a maximum of 6 months
If you apply for a 12 month Working Holiday Visa even though you are eligible for 23 months, you can use the balance if you later decide to stay in New Zealand for an extended period.
The eligibility and duration of New Zealand Working Holiday Visa vary for each eligible country. Avoid the confusion and book a 100% free consultation with NZ Immigration Help to find out the Working Holiday Visa rules that apply to you. Our immigration experts have helped a lot of international travellers acquire a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa.
Can You Get an Extension on Your New Zealand Working Holiday Visa?
Yes, you can get your New Zealand Working Visa extended for 3 more months. Following are the things to note when applying for the extension of your Working Holiday Visa:
- You can only get one Working Holiday Visa extension
- The seasonal work you take up does not have to be continuous or with the same employer
- You do not need to have an employment offer to file for your visa extension
- Once approved, your extended working holiday visa will continue to be under the same conditions as the initial New Zealand Working Holiday Visa
What Conditions are Imposed on a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa?
Your New Zealand Working Holiday Visa comes with certain conditions:
- You cannot accept full-time employment
- If you apply for a Working Holiday Visa for 23 months, you will need to provide a Medical Certificate to establish your hood Health.
- Your children cannot accompany you on a Working Holiday Visa.
- If your partner wants to visit New Zealand, they will need to apply for a visa of their own
- Any work you do must be legal
- You cannot engage in running or investing in businesses that provide commercial sex services
Do not jeopardise your trip by breaching any conditions of your New Zealand Working Holiday Visa. You can face deportation and even be banned from ever entering the country again. Book a 100% free consultation with our Auckland based licensed immigration experts to clarify your working holiday visa related queries.
What is the Processing Time for a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa?
Immigration New Zealand typically takes up to 30 days to decide on a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa. The time frame is different for each eligible country.
In case you have Health and/or Character Issues that need a Health Waiver, Character Waiver or a Special Direction, your Working Holiday Visa processing time will increase.
Contact us to book a 100% free consultation to avoid any delays in obtaining your visa. Our immigration experts have been working with international clients from many countries for many years and understand what it takes to expedite your New Zealand Working Holiday Visa application.
How Much Does it Cost to Get a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa?
Apart from the regular fees charged by Immigration New Zealand, you will have to show enough funds to cover your living expenses (this amount varies by each eligible country).
You will also need to prove your ability to maintain Health Insurance for your entire stay.
NZ Immigration Help is committed to providing its clients with the most cost-effective way of procuring their New Zealand Working Holiday Visa. We work closely with you to keep your costs down and choose the most affordable path to making your dream of visiting New Zealand a reality.