What is a licensed immigration adviser?
A licensed immigration adviser is a professional who has been authorized by the New Zealand government to provide advice and assistance to people who are seeking to move to New Zealand. Licensed advisers have completed a rigorous training program and have demonstrated that they have the knowledge, skills, and ethical standards required to provide quality immigration advice. They are also subject to ongoing professional development requirements and must adhere to a strict code of conduct.
What is an Unlicensed Agent?
- Qualifications: Licensed immigration advisers have completed a rigorous training program and must meet ongoing professional development requirements, while unlicensed agents may have little or no formal qualifications or training.
- Accountability: Licensed immigration advisers are accountable to the New Zealand government and must adhere to a strict code of conduct, while unlicensed agents are not subject to any regulatory oversight.
- Scope of services: Licensed immigration advisers are authorized to provide a wide range of immigration services, while unlicensed agents may be limited in the services they can offer.
- Fees: Licensed immigration advisers must provide transparent and reasonable fee structures, while unlicensed agents may charge excessive fees or engage in fraudulent activities.
- Protection: Working with a licensed immigration adviser offers greater protection for clients, as they have access to regulatory bodies and complaint mechanisms in the event of poor service or misconduct.
Why is It Important to Choose a Licensed Immigration Adviser?
In conclusion, choosing a licensed immigration adviser is essential for anyone who is seeking to move to New Zealand. Working with a licensed adviser can provide you with peace of mind, knowing that you are receiving reliable and accurate advice from a qualified professional who is subject to regulatory oversight.
While unlicensed agents may offer lower fees or appear more convenient, the risks of working with them far outweigh any potential benefits. By choosing a licensed immigration adviser, you are making a smart investment in your future and giving yourself the best possible chance of success in the immigration process.