New Zealand Investor Visas
What is the Length of a Temporary Retirement Visitor Visa?
- Stay in New Zealand for up to 2 years
- Enter the exit the country any number of times in the 2 year period
- Study for 3 months in a 12-month period
- Add your partner to the visa application
- You cannot bring your dependent children to New Zealand
- You are not allowed to work on this visa
What are the Criteria for a Temporary Retirement Visitor Visa?
- Be more than 66 years of age
- Invest NZ$ 750,000 or more for 2 years in “acceptable investments” in New Zealand – you cannot source this money from borrowed funds or have a bond or loan against this money.
- Have earned this money lawfully
- Make at least NZ$ 60,000 per year – this can be your income or combined with the partner included in the visa application
- Have NZ$ 500,000 on top of your investment and income, to sustain yourself during the stay
- Prove your identity
- Provide evidence of good health and character as per the rules laid down by Immigration New Zealand
- Maintain proper travel and medical insurance for the entire term of your stay
How Can You Qualify for a Resident Investor Visa to New Zealand?
What Conditions are Imposed on a New Zealand Investor 2 Resident Visa?
- You must be less than 65 years of age
- You must stay for at least 146 days during each of the last 3 years of your 4-year investment period, or at least 438 days over the 4-year investment period – note that this varies based on the structure of your investments.
- You must submit evidence of your investments at the end of your 2nd and 4th years. You get 3 months to file the paperwork and can transfer funds between any acceptable forms of investment.
- Work for any New Zealand employer in any occupation
- Study in New Zealand
- Enter and exit New Zealand any number of times in the first 2 years. You will need to apply for variations of conditions to travel during the last 2 years
- Add your partner and dependent children (under 24 years of age) to your resident visa application
- Apply for residency for yourself and everyone on your application after you have met the terms of your 4-year Resident Investor Visa
NZ immigration Help has been helping its clients work through the complexities of the New Zealand Resident Investor Visa for many years. Book a consultation with us to discuss your situation. We can help you avoid any pitfalls in your visa application process.
Do You Qualify for a New Zealand Investor Plus Resident Visa?
- Apply for residency for yourself and everyone on your application after you have met the terms of your 3-year Investor Plus Resident Investor Visa
- You may not have to pay any customs duty to bring your boat, car and other household items to New Zealand
The Investor Plus Resident Visa is the easiest to acquire among all forms of New Zealand Investor-based Visas. However, the conditions placed on things like “acceptable forms of investment” and “stay requirements” make it critical that you work with an immigration expert to help you through the complicated resident visa application process. Book a consultation with our Auckland based team of immigration experts to guide you.
What is the Processing Time for New Zealand Investor Visas?
Our immigration experts have been helping clients obtain New Zealand Investor Visas quickly for many years. Book a consultation today to start your application process.