Essential Skills Work Visa
Are you a good fit for a New Zealand Essential Skills Work Visa?
You are an excellent fit for an Essential Skills Work Visa if you have a full-time job offer from a New Zealand employer, and you have the required experience and qualifications to meet the job requirements. Your employer will need to establish that they could not find any New Zealanders to perform the job before they extended the employment offer to you.
What are the Benefits of Getting a New Zealand Essential Skills Work Visa?
Once you have your New Zealand Essential Skills Work Visa, you can:
- Work full-time for your employer who has offered you employment in New Zealand.
- Undertake any study for 3 months within a 12-month period. You are also allowed to enrol in any study program that is a requirement for your employment.
- Your partner and dependent children may apply for their visas based on the conditions of your Essential Skills Work Visa.
If you need help in procuring a visa to bring your family to New Zealand based on your Essential Skills Work Visa, contact our licensed team of immigration experts for a 100% free consultation. We have helped many clients with their Essential Skills Work Visa and the visas of their accompanying families.
What is the Validity of an Essential Skills Work Visa NZ?
The length of your New Zealand Essential Skills Work Visa depends on:
- The length of employment offered to you
- Your employment’s ANZSCO (Australia and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations) skill band
- Whether your employer has approval from Immigration New Zealand to employ international workers and place them with third parties – these companies are called accredited labour-hire companies.
Here is how the ANZSCO band limits the maximum length of your New Zealand Essential Skills Work Visa:
- Higher-skilled: 5 years
- Mid-skilled: 3 years
- Lower-skilled: 12 months, with a total maximum stay of 36 months
You can apply for a different Essential Skills Work Visa NZ if you wish to stay longer in New Zealand. If you are employed in a mid or higher-skilled category, you can apply to any number of Essential Skills Work Visas. At the same time, there is no cap on the total time you can spend in the country working on Essential Skills Work Visas under these skill bands.
However, if you have been employed in the lower-skilled band for 3 years, you must leave the country for 12 consecutive months for a “stand down period” before you can reapply to another Essential Skills Work Visa for the lower-skilled band. You may, however, qualify for a New Zealand Essential Skills Work Visa for a mid or higher-skilled band employment opportunity.
Want to explore your options of upgrading to a higher ANZSCO skill band employment or extend your stay by applying to another mid or higher-skilled New Zealand Essential Skills Work Visa? Book a 100% free consultation with our Auckland based immigration experts to explore your best option.
What Conditions are Imposed on a New Zealand Essential Skills Work Visa?
A New Zealand Essential Skills Work Visa comes with certain conditions that need to be met by you and your employer.
- Before extending you an employment offer, your employer must try to recruit fitting New Zealanders for the job
- You cannot be self-employed on this visa
- You are only allowed to work for the specific employer, location and occupation as stated in your visa
- You cannot be paid lower than the current rate specified by your ANZSCO band
- You must leave the country before the expiration of your visa term
Do not jeopardise your New Zealand Essential Skills Work Visa application or status if you are not sure about Essential Skills Work Visa requirements laid down by Immigration New Zealand. You can contact us for a 100% free consultation and take advantage of our experience. We have been helping our clients achieve success with their New Zealand Essential Skills Work Visa for many years.
What is New Zealand Essential Skills Work Visa Processing Time?
It takes anywhere from 22 to 84 days for Immigration New Zealand to decide on a New Zealand Essential Skills Work Visa. The Essential Skills Work Visa processing time may vary based on the ANZSCO band of your job, your employer reputation and your qualifications.
Work with an immigration expert to avoid any delays in your visa approval. New Zealand Essential Skills Work Visa needs detailed documentation to establish non-availability of a fitting New Zealander. You need to provide enough documentary evidence to prove your qualification for the job and establish good character/health.
Avoid visa delay or outright rejection. Work with experienced immigration advisers at NZ Immigration Help, who have been helping their clients get timely approvals on their New Zealand Essential Skills Work Visa applications for many years.
How Much Does it Cost to Obtain a New Zealand Essential Skills Work Visa?
We are a team of dedicated and licensed immigration experts who aim to help our clients obtain their Essential Skills Work Visa NZ at affordable rates.
We have a lot of experience to determine what kind of documentary evidence would be needed for the success of your Essential Skills Work Visa application. We combine our expertise with a detailed understanding of your case to offer you our transparent advice and work with you to help you understand Essential Skills Work Visa requirements and offer the most cost-effective solution.