Essential Skills Work Visa
What are the Benefits of Getting a New Zealand Essential Skills Work Visa?
- Work full-time for your employer who has offered you employment in New Zealand.
- Undertake any study for 3 months within a 12-month period. You are also allowed to enrol in any study program that is a requirement for your employment.
- Your partner and dependent children may apply for their visas based on the conditions of your Essential Skills Work Visa.
If you need help in procuring a visa to bring your family to New Zealand based on your Essential Skills Work Visa, contact our licensed team of immigration experts for a paid consultation. We have helped many clients with their Essential Skills Work Visa and the visas of their accompanying families.
What is the Validity of an Essential Skills Work Visa NZ?
- The length of employment offered to you
- Your employment’s ANZSCO (Australia and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations) skill band
- Whether your employer has approval from Immigration New Zealand to employ international workers and place them with third parties – these companies are called accredited labour-hire companies.
- Higher-skilled: 5 years
- Mid-skilled: 3 years
- Lower-skilled: 12 months, with a total maximum stay of 36 months
Want to explore your options of upgrading to a higher ANZSCO skill band employment or extend your stay by applying to another mid or higher-skilled New Zealand Essential Skills Work Visa? Book a consultation with our Auckland based immigration experts to explore your best option.
What Conditions are Imposed on a New Zealand Essential Skills Work Visa?
- Before extending you an employment offer, your employer must try to recruit fitting New Zealanders for the job
- You cannot be self-employed on this visa
- You are only allowed to work for the specific employer, location and occupation as stated in your visa
- You cannot be paid lower than the current rate specified by your ANZSCO band
- You must leave the country before the expiration of your visa term
Do not jeopardise your New Zealand Essential Skills Work Visa application or status if you are not sure about Essential Skills Work Visa requirements laid down by Immigration New Zealand. You can contact us for a paid consultation and take advantage of our experience. We have been helping our clients achieve success with their New Zealand Essential Skills Work Visa for many years.