New Zealand Permanent Resident Visa
Do you want to live in New Zealand indefinitely?
New Zealand is one of the finest destinations on the planet if you are seeking permanent residency. The country has excellent scenery, healthy environment and diverse culture to welcome people from other countries. You can expect a high standard of living and prosperous life, combined with unimaginable rights and facilities in New Zealand.
What are the Benefits of Having a New Zealand Permanent Resident Visa?
A New Zealand Permanent Resident (PR) Visa will allow you to:
- Study, work, and live in New Zealand without any restrictions
- Avail social security benefits
- Take advantage of medical care at subsidized rates
- Travel from and to New Zealand without any time restrictions
- Add your partner and dependent children (under 24 years of age) in your permanent visa application, if they were included in the original residence application
- Sponsor your close and extended family for permanent resident visas, if they meet the residency and financial support requirements
- You can also apply for New Zealand citizenship after you have stayed in the country for several years. You will need to meet other criteria like basic English usage, good character, communication skills and a demonstrated intent of making the country your home.
Do not waste any more time – start working towards getting your New Zealand Permanent Resident Visa today. Book a 100% free consultation with our immigration experts at NZ Immigration Help to find out how you can realize your dream of getting a New Zealand PR visa.
What are the Criteria for a New Zealand Permanent Resident Visa?
Here are the criteria that you will need to fulfil to be eligible for a New Zealand Permanent Resident Visa:
- You will need to provide proof of your identity in the form of your original passport and/or a certified copy
- You will need to submit evidence of good character – police certificates may be required
- You must be holding a valid resident visa non-stop for the last 24 months, and it must not have expired within the last 3 months
- You must not be in breach of any conditions of your current resident visa
- You must be able to provide evidence of your commitment to living in New Zealand permanently – for instance, you have stayed in the country for more than 184 days every year in the last two years
- If you were a non-principal applicant when your original resident visa application was filed, you might not file for your permanent resident visa application before the principal applicant, unless there is a non-principal exception
Want to apply for a New Zealand Permanent Resident Visa but not sure if you qualify? Book a 100% free consultation with our team of Auckland based licensed immigration consultants to discuss your situation.
Can Non-Principal Applicants File for a New Zealand Permanent Resident Visa on Their Own?
Non-principal applicants, i.e. parents, partners and children included in the residence application of someone else cannot be granted a permanent resident visa before the principal resident becomes a permanent resident.
However, there are some circumstances that allow a non-principal applicant to obtain a New Zealand Permanent Resident Visa on their own.
There are a specific set of rules for partners of principal applicants and eligible children that decide if the non-principal exception can be applied in your case. You need to present carefully drafted evidence to establish your case for an independent New Zealand Permanent Resident Visa if you are a non-principal applicant.
Let our team of expert immigration advisers at NZ Immigration Help clarify your doubts about your New Zealand Permanent Resident Visa application if you were granted your original resident visa as a non-principal applicant. Book a 100% free consultation now.
What are the Processing Times for a New Zealand Permanent Resident Visa?
Immigration New Zealand takes anywhere between 12 to 30 days to decide on a New Zealand Permanent Resident Visa application.
There are certain factors that may delay your permanent resident visa application – such as Character Issues, breaches in your resident visa terms or problems in showing evidence of your commitment to stay permanently in New Zealand. Such circumstances need special handling, documentation and representation to avoid delays or outright rejection of your visa application
Our licensed immigration consultants have been helping our clients achieve timely success with their New Zealand Permanent Resident Visa applications for many years, even in the most complicated scenarios. Contact us now to book your 100% free case evaluation.
How Much Does it Cost to Obtain a New Zealand Permanent Resident Visa?
NZ Immigration Help is committed to helping its clients gain a New Zealand Permanent Resident visa at an affordable cost. We study your case carefully to bring you the most cost-effective solution with no hidden charges or surprises down the road.