Global Impact Visa (GIV)
What is Edmund Hillary Fellowship (EHF)?
How Do You Qualify for a New Zealand Global Impact Visa (GIV)?
- Apply to the Edmund Hillary Fellowship
- Receive a Letter of Offer if you are selected
- Apply to Immigration New Zealand for your Global Impact Visa along with your offer from the EHF
- Your application docket also needs to include things such as medical certificates, police certificates and other documents to prove English language and other GIV requirements
- You must also have NZ$ 36,000 to support your and your family’s living expenses for the first year of stay in New Zealand
What is the Length of a Global Impact Visa (GIV)?
- Study, work and live in New Zealand for 36 months
- Apply for New Zealand permanent residence once you have been on the Edmund Hillary Fellowship for 30 months
- Enter and exit the country any number of times while your visa is valid
- Work for any employer, in any New Zealand location – this also includes self-employment
With a Global Impact Visa application, not only do you have to cross the hurdle of getting the EHF approval (which happens just twice a year), you are also racing against the quota of 400 Immigration New Zealand approvals in 4 years. Avoid delays or outright rejections to your GIV application. Our Auckland based team of licensed immigration experts knows the ins and outs of the Global Impact Visa process. Book a consultation now to explore your best option.
Are There Any Conditions Imposed on a Global Impact Visa (GIV)?
- You must retain the Edmund Hillary Fellowship’s support to be eligible for New Zealand Residence
- You cannot add your partner or dependent children to your GIV application. They may, however, file separate visa applications based on their relationship to you.
- You cannot apply or accept any welfare assistance during your stay in New Zealand
What is the Processing Time for a Global Impact Visa (GIV)?
Immigration New Zealand may take up to 5 months to process a GIV application. This does not include the time taken by the Edmund Hillary Fellowship programme to accept you.
Individual complicating situations with character/health issues, etc. may lead to further delays. NZ Immigration Help has been helping its clients get timely approvals on their Global Impact Visas for many years. Book a consultation to explore ways to expedite your GIV application.
What is the Cost of Getting a New Zealand Global Impact Visa (GIV)?
We study every individual case carefully to provide you with the best quality solution at an affordable price. Book a consultation today and let our licensed immigration experts help you get your Global Impact Visa approval at the most cost-effective rate.