Streamlining Visa Transfers and Expressions of Interest
In an effort to simplify the immigration process, Immigration New Zealand (INZ) launched two new online forms on 30th May 2023. These forms are designed to facilitate the transfer of a visa to a new passport and to express interest in applying for the Parent Resident Visa.
- The new online forms are designed to make the process of transferring a visa to a new passport easier.
- The forms also simplify the process of expressing interest in applying for the Parent Resident Visa.
Changes to the Refugee Drivers Licence Programme
- The Refugee Drivers Licence Programme assists refugees in gaining a restricted driver’s licence.
- The changes to the programme aim to improve its effectiveness and help refugees better integrate into the community.
New Work Conditions for Partners of Workers
From 31st May 2023, partners of Accredited Employer Work Visa (AEWV) and Essential Skills Work Visa (ESWV) holders who apply for a new Partner of a Worker Work Visa may have new work conditions in the visa. This change is expected to impact the work conditions of many visa holders.
- New work conditions have been introduced for partners of AEWV and ESWV holders.
- These changes apply to those applying for a new Partner of a Worker Work Visa.
Review into Out of Hours Immigration Compliance Visits
- A review into out of hours immigration compliance visits was conducted.
- The review was driven by the historical impact of the Dawn Raids on Pacific peoples.
VAC Service Fee Increase
- The service fee for some VACs has increased.
- This change impacts the cost of visa applications.
Finalisation of the Transport Sector Agreement and Green List Changes
- The transport sector agreement was finalised.
- New occupations were added to the Green List.